Privacy & Cookies Policy
At Right To Play UK, we are committed to protecting your privacy. We have established this policy in order to give you as much control as possible over your personal information.
This policy explains why we collect certain information and how we will collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information that you provide to us.
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (EC Directive Regulations 2003)
How we collect information
We collect personal information from you in various contexts, for example when you sign up to one of our events, when you make a donation, when you send us questions or requests for information or when you sign up to receive our newsletter.
What information we collect
When you interact with us we may collect from you
- age (year of birth)
- address (city and postal code)
- email address
- telephone number
- areas of interest (with respect to volunteering or donating)
- name of contact who referred you to Right To Play and any relationships with Right To Play you already have
- timing and amount of donation, method of giving, Gift Aid and any restrictions on the gift
- activities or events that you have volunteered for, and
- other information with your consent or as required or permitted by law
We may ask you for debit or credit card details for financial transactions. If you use your debit or credit card to donate to us or make a booking online, we pass your card details securely to our payment processing partner as part of the payment process. We do this in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard, and do not store the details on our website. All online transactions will be encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer).
How we use your personal information
We generally use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process donations
- to respond to requests for information
- to send emails about our programmes, events and activities
- to provide information about, and facilitate your involvement in volunteer activities
- otherwise as permitted or required by law.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual or legal restrictions and reasonable notice.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information with your consent, except as required by law. We may be required or permitted to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example, to comply with a court order or to comply with a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency.
Will we disclose the information we have collected to outside parties?
Some of these service providers may be located in a country other than where you reside, including in the United States, and your personal information may be stored or processed in those countries. Your personal information is subject to the legal requirements of the country in which it is located, including lawful requirements to disclose information to government authorities in those countries. For further information about transatlantic data flow, please visit the website of the European Commission.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law.